Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Force.com Sites Developer Challange

While learning about salesforce.com and developing software for the cloud, I found the "Force.com Sites Developer Challenge". One of the things that attracted my attention was that any site submitted to them would receive a T-Shirt.

I developed this site on December 2008 while I was looking for work, to solve a problem I was having:

  • There are many jobs posted daily on the job boards that a person may want to apply, but it is so time consuming to personalize each cover letter (which Human Resource departments love to receive).
  • Additionally, there needs to be a way to keep track of the networking activities that a person looking for a job needs to do.

It started being a simple cover letter creator, but it turned out to be a really good "mail merge" application which uses special functions (NOT_EMPTY(), IF(), ...) to do the merging and the merged letter can use system parameters or custorm parameters with default values or values specific per document.

Use this information to check out the site: URL: http://aperez-developer-edition.na6.force.com/ResumeHome Username: test2@apc.com Password: testpwd2a I created an users guide document that explains the site. You can download the document here.

Let me know if you want to see the code for this site and I will be glad to expand this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment